Survival Systems International (SSI) has a global network of owned and operated service bases for the purpose of multi brand inspection, maintenance, and repair.
Our specialised range of products and services represent quality and safety to users in the event of emergency, and proactive maintenance agreements ensure operability, enhanced safety and cost savings. For this reason, SSI has become the trusted partner to worldwide users spanning Offshore, Maritime and Cruise
We are looking for a Service Engineer to join our team in Singapore. Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will be involved in inspections, servicing & maintenance of lifeboats, rescue boats, hooks, davits & winches. You are taking part in such activities onshore and onboard. You can offer technical support to your colleagues and aim to progress to a senior service engineer.
- Participate in annual / 5-yearly inspections of rescue boats, lifeboats, hooks, davits and winches
- Support in maintenance, servicing and commissioning of lifesaving appliances
- Work at our facilities, mobilize offshore or travel overseas when needed
- Partake in job (de)brief, safe job analysis, risk assessments and health & safety checks
- Prepare service reports, job progress and close out status for SSI and clients
- Report to SSI colleagues and management as well as communicate with customers and crew
- Observe procedures facilitating the schedule and scope of work
- Receive instruction, courses and on job training to enhancing your skill
Personal qualities and skills
- You have related experience in the marine or automotive industry
- You understand the important of risk assessments and health and safety
- You demonstrate an attitude towards learning with an open mindset.
- You are flexible to work away from home and out of the country
- You are passionate about the quality of your work and take pride in your job
- You are computer literate, with a good command of English and excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary - 2000 – 3000 SGD
- Dental and medical benefits
To apply, please email email@example.com with a current CV.