Survival Systems International (SSI) has a global network of owned and operated service bases for the purpose of multi brand inspection, maintenance, and repair.
Our specialised range of products and services represent quality and safety to users in the event of emergency, and proactive maintenance agreements ensure operability, enhanced safety and cost savings. For this reason, SSI has become the trusted partner to worldwide users spanning Offshore, Maritime and Cruise.
We are looking for a Senior Service Engineer to join our team in Singapore. Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will take the lead in inspections, servicing & maintenance of lifeboats, rescue boats, hooks, davits & winches. With your expertise, you will offer technical support to the offshore and marine industry.
- Conduct annual / 5-yearly inspections of rescue boats, lifeboats, hooks, davits and winches
- Perform maintenance, servicing and commissioning of lifesaving appliances
- Troubleshoot, repair and test equipment as required
- Perform job (de)brief, safe job analysis, risk assessments and health & safety checks
- Prepare service reports, job progress and close out status for SSI and clients
- Report to SSI management as well as communicate with customers and crew
- Observe shipyard, port and onboard procedures to facilitate the schedule and scope of work
- Conduct training, technical courses and mentor junior colleagues based on your expertise
Personal qualities and skills
- You are experienced with lifesaving appliances
- You have a good understanding of the SOLAS regulation and LSA code
- You have a mechanical background with experience in fiberglass, engine, electric &/or hydraulic)
- You demonstrate an attitude towards excellent Health and Safety.
- You have previous experience in marine, offshore &/or oil & gas industries
- You are flexible to work away from home and abroad
- You use your initiative to problem solve and have the ability to lead and be part of a team.
- You are passionate about the quality of your work and take pride in your job.
- You are computer literate and have a good command of English
- You are a confidant communicator with colleagues, management and customers
- Competitive salary: 3000 – 4000 SGD
- Dental and medical benefits
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV.
Full job description available on request.