Life-Saving Appliance Service Technician (Mechanic)
Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern SuburbsMining, Resources & EnergyOil & Gas - Engineering & MaintenanceFull Time
Survival Systems International Australia
SURVIVAL SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL - AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
As part of our ongoing expansion we are currently looking for suitable candidates for Service Technician position(s).
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Maintenance, repairs and testing of various types of Safety Equipment, LSA and associated equipment such as but not limited to lifeboats, (including diesel engines and transmissions), winches, breathing apparatus, HP compressors, life-jackets as well as other safety equipment.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must have an excellent attitude towards Health and Safety.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- in addition to working at our workshop facility it is also expected that you are available to work away from home (sometimes interstate or out of the country) at short notice when required.
- have a mechanical background with trade qualifications (i.e Diesel Fitter/Mechanic or Maintenance Fitter).
- Previous experience in Marine, Maritime, Offshore Oil & Gas Industry, Mines, or Major Hazard Facilities is of advantage but not essential.
- The ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team.
- Computer literate, as report writing upon job completion is required.
- Full Australian driver's licence.
- MSIC card & BOSIET is preferred but not essential. Must be able to pass an offshore medical (UKOOA).
Please note that we are not accepting candidate representations from recruitment agencies at this time. The position advertised is full-time/permanent with attractive remuneration for the suitable candidate(s).
If you would like to be considered please submit a covering letter in addition to a copy of your current CV.