Reporting to the Sales and Procurement Team Leader, the Technical Buyer is responsible for providing the correct goods at the right price to meet the needs of our internal and external customers which in turn contributes towards the profitability of the company.
- To be commercially aware ensuring the company buys & sells products at optimum volume & pricing levels.
- To source parts & negotiate with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible price on behalf of the company.
- To communicate on a regular basis with customers & suppliers keeping abreast of market knowledge & customer needs.
- By working with a methodical detailed & accurate mindset in order to provide & invoice the correct goods at the right price on time, to meet the needs of the internal & external customers.
- To follow the procedures set out in QA for the use of the company’s software.
- To liaise with customers & our own freight agents to arrange delivery of parts worldwide.
- By working closely with the finance department, ensure they have all the information they require prior to closing the books on a monthly basis.
- To check with the Finance Manager when high value spare parts are involved with a quotations & orders in order that an opportunity is given to commercially review the requirement.
- To prepare and be responsible for quotations for the workshop from strip & list, customers & service from material order recommendation.
- To ensure that sales orders are loaded onto Sage within 48 hours of receipt.
- To issue and follow up purchase orders for workshop, consumables, tooling and stationery following the requisition being authorised by the relevant individual.
- If deliveries are going to be late, communicate with all parties concerned.
- To research & record detailed technical, commercial & product information in the company’s software making future enquiries & orders easier to process.
- To attend mandatory internal SSI training and any external training to support your continuous professional development
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8.00am – 4.30pm
Benefits: Employee assistance programme (EAP) , Long service awards, Subsidised gym membership, Death in service
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact Tina on (07785) 612764 or email email@example.com with your current CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications – Friday 20th November 2020